The control of part-time contracts in companies is intensified. The Labour and Social Security Inspectorate (ITSS) has launched a campaign in the framework of R.D.L 192/2018, for new measures to intensify the control of unjustified temporary contracts, part-time contracts, as well as training contracts.
This campaign is part of the ITSS 2018-2010 Strategic Plan. With this campaign, ITSS aims to prevent abusive and fraudulent practices in the area of part-time and temporary contracts.
As it did and as we said some time ago in a comment on our blog. Now there is a new campaign.
Campaign for the control of part-time contracts.
The ITSS has warned, through an instruction approved last August, of the beginning of their actions and they have already begun to send informative letters:
- Sending dissuasive communications to companies that may be incurring in non-compliance in the areas indicated. The aforementioned communications will inform of the alleged breaches detected. They will grant a period of one month, from the receipt of the communication, so that, if appropriate, the situation can be regularized.
- In the same communication they warn of the carrying out of inspection actions in the event of not regularizing, if appropriate, the situations communicated.
The breaches referred to by the ITSS are as follows:
- Temporary contracts exceeding the maximum legal duration.
- Chaining of temporary contracts.
- Part-time coefficients that do not correspond to the working day actually performed by the worker.
If you receive a communication from ITSS, our experts in Labour Consulting can help you. Assess in which cases we are faced with a justified temporality or partiality. And in which cases it is necessary to adapt the worker’s working day or transform his contract into a permanent one. Being able in this last case, to process the request of a subsidy to the Community of Madrid for promotion of the stable employment.
Labour and Human Resources Management Department