The deadline to apply for Neotec Grant 2019 is now open.
The Neotec Grant is awarded to young, technology-based companies in which technological development and innovation are the differentiating factor of the company.
Thanks to our collaborators in this field, Acker & Partners, who summarize us below.
Neotec 2019 Grant
Center for Industrial Technological Development (CDTI), State Program for Business Leadership in R&D&I
The NEOTEC Grant is of National scope
From 14/05/2019 to 1/07/2019
Purpose of the Neotec 2019 Grant
The grants will finance the implementation of new business projects, which require the use of technologies or knowledge developed from the research activity and in which the business strategy is based on the development of technology. Technology and innovation will be competitive factors that contribute to the differentiation of the company. And that they serve as a basis for the strategy and long-term business plan, with the maintenance of our own R&D lines.
The aid may be used for business projects in any technological and/or sectorial field. However, business projects whose business model is based primarily on services to third parties, without the development of their own technology, are not eligible for this call for proposals.
Amount of grant Neotec 2019
The aids in this call will consist of grants.
- The subsidy will finance up to 70% of the budget of the action, with a maximum amount of subsidy of €250,000 per beneficiary.
- Must have a minimum fundable budget of €175,000.
- Grants will be requested for annual or multi-year performances.
- In any case, the subsidizable actions must start from January 1, 2020, and may end on December 31, 2020, or December 31, 2021.
- The aid may be compatible with the receipt of other aid from any public or private, national, international or European Union Administration or body, under the established terms.
The maximum budget for this call is €25,000,000 and will be financed from the Centre for Industrial Technological Development’s own funds.
- Investments in equipment.
- Personnel expenses.
- External collaborations / consultancy. These expenses may include the cost derived from the expert’s evaluation report or the certification of the external auditor, accrediting the innovative company’s character.
- Other costs: rents, supplies, fees and licences, costs of applying for and maintaining patents and other industrial property rights, insurance and expenses derived from the auditor’s report. The latter will have a maximum limit of €2,000.
Payment and guarantees
After the final concession decision has been taken, the beneficiary may request advance payment of up to 60% of the subsidy granted for the project. The beneficiary must not constitute any guarantee.
The advance payment will be considered as payment on account of the final liquidation of the subsidy, which will be carried out after the corresponding technical-economic verification.
Beneficiaries of the Neotec 2019
The beneficiaries must also comply with the following requirements:
- They must be small enterprises (less than 50 employees and with an annual turnover or balance sheet total of less than EUR 10 million).
- Must not be listed
- They must not be established more than three years prior to the closing date for submitting applications for aid under this call for proposals. From the date of granting of the deed of incorporation of the company. Likewise, the date of granting the deed of incorporation of the company must be at least six months prior to the date of submission of the aid application.
- Also, they must not have distributed benefits.
- They must not have arisen from a corporate operation contemplated in Law 3/2009, of 3 April, on structural modifications of mercantile companies.
- They must have a minimum share capital, or share capital plus issue or assumption premium, of €20,000. Disbursed in full by means of monetary contributions and/or by means of compensation of credits of the partners. Registered in the corresponding register before the application is submitted.
- Last but not least, they must have the annual accounts corresponding to the last two financial years, if applicable, deposited in the corresponding Mercantile Register or official register.
What is considered an innovative company
Any company that meets at least one of the following requirements is considered to be an innovative company:
- Firstly, an external expert’s evaluation report that accredits that new or substantially improved products, services or processes will be developed in the foreseeable future in comparison with the state of the art in its sector and that imply a risk of technological or industrial failure. The external expert must belong to a public research body, as defined in Article 47 of Law 14/2011 of 1 June on Science, Technology and Innovation; to a public, private university or its university institutes; or to a technology centre or support centre for technological innovation at state level, registered in the register of centres created by Royal Decree 2093/2008 of 19 December, which regulates Technology Centres and Support Centres for Technological Innovation at state level and creates the Register of such Centres.
- Certification from an external auditor registered in the Registro Oficial de Auditores de Cuentas, attesting that the company has research and development costs representing at least 10% of its total operating costs for at least one of the three years prior to the granting of the aid or, in the case of a new company with no financial history, during the current fiscal year.
Information and processing
The evaluation and selection of applications will be carried out on a competitive basis.
The evaluation criteria, as indicated in the call, are:
If the proposals do not reach the threshold required in criterion 2, they will be rejected without evaluating the rest of the criteria.
For the processing of this NEOTEC 2019 Grant, please contact us. We will help you and solve your doubts.