The aids for the digitization of SMEs in Madrid, by the Community of Madrid, are now available. Its purpose is to support SMEs in Madrid in the implementation of projects aimed at their digitization.
In this way, all the necessary expenses to implement the digital transformation will be subsidized.
And they have a total budget allocation of 8 million euros.
Aids for the digitization of SMEs in Madrid
Let’s see the most important aspects of these aids.
Beneficiaries of the aids for the digitization of SMEs in Madrid
SMEs companies with a work center in the Community of Madrid will be able to benefit from this aid. And with IAE of one of the following groups:
- Division 2. Extraction and transformation of non-energy minerals and derived products. Chemical industry.
- Division 3. Industries transforming metals. Precision mechanics.
- And finally, division 4. Other manufacturing industries.
It is necessary to take into account that it is necessary to prove that an occupational risk prevention plan has been carried out.
In addition, the subsidized actions may be carried out in the entire territory of the Community of Madrid.
Most benefited municipalities
Those subsidized actions carried out in the municipalities of the Corredor del Henares and the Metropolitan South will receive a higher aid intensity in accordance with the provisions of the Regional Aid Map for Spain 2022-2027.
Specifically we are talking about the following municipalities:
In the Henares corridor:
- Alcalá de Henares (districts: 005302; 005303; 005304).
- Camarma de Esteruelas.
- Coslada (county: 049304).
- Daganzo de Arriba.
- San Fernando de Henares.
- Torrejón de Ardoz (counties: 148902; 148903).
- Torres de la Alameda.
and in the South metropolitan area:
- Alcorcón (districts: 007201; 007203).
- Fuenlabrada (districts: 058702; 058704).
- Getafe (counties: 065001; 065004).
- Humanes de Madrid.
- Leganés (counties: 074501; 074505).
- Móstoles (counties: 092002).
Projects benefiting from these aids for the digitization of SMEs in Madrid
The digitization projects must contain at least one of the following eligible actions:
Firstly, implementation of business solutions using technologies linked to communication, analysis and data processing.
In addition, what is known as collaborative platforms.
Without forgetting the digitization of manufacturing processes using technologies such as augmented reality, collaborative robotics, additive manufacturing, sensors, embedded systems and process control.
Also, the implementation of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in the value chain of the industrial company.
Finally, the design and development of web pages, social networks and cybersecurity as a vehicle for boosting business development.
The expenses that are eligible for the aid for the digitization of SMEs in Madrid will be the following.
First, assets that are part of the digitization project to be implemented in the work center of the entity applying for the aid. Provided that they are directly related to the economic activity carried out by the SME.
Secondly, tangible and intangible assets that are related to:
- The creation of a new establishment.
- The expansion of the capacity of an existing establishment.
- The diversification of the production of an establishment into products that were not previously produced there.
- Fundamental transformation of the overall production process.
This in accordance with the definition of “initial investment” set out in Article 2.49 of Commission Regulation (EU) 651/2014 of 17 June 2014.
In particular, the following expenditure items will be eligible:
- Acquisition of tangible fixed assets directly linked to the production and objectives of the project. As well as equipment that, not being directly linked to production, are undoubtedly necessary for the project proposed.
- Acquisition of intangible assets such as software, as well as patents, licenses, know-how or other property rights that contribute to the execution of the project.
- Consulting costs provided by external companies for the effective implementation of the requested digitization project. In this case, there is a maximum limit of €20,000.
The following expenses are not eligible for aid.
Firstly, investments acquired by means of financial leasing, renting, leasing or any other formula that does not imply the firm acquisition by the beneficiary of the asset element in question.
Neither are the elements and the cost of transportation. The acquisition or preparation of land, as well as expenditure on building works, conditioning and installations.
Excluded are those projects that contain exclusively consulting expenses.
Finally, consulting activities, permanent or periodic, related to the normal operating expenses of the company. Such as, for example, routine tax advisory services, legal services or advertising services. Any form of consultancy associated with the management and processing of the aid requested is expressly excluded.
It is essential that all the investments contained in the projects seek the digitalization of the work and the connectivity of the production processes. The investments must be equipped with sensors or have connection capacity. Such connectivity and digitalization will not be considered a sufficient condition to be considered eligible for subsidies. They must be detailed in the report and be verifiable in the implementation of the project.
Form and amount of the aids
Those projects in which the sum of the amount of the foreseen eligible expenses, referring to tangible, intangible and consultancy investments, amount to at least €60,000, will be subsidized.
The maximum subsidy limit, including all expenditure items, will be €250,000 for medium-sized companies and €350,000 for small companies.
The maximum subsidy limit for consultancy costs will be €20,000.
As regards the aid intensity, we are generally talking about:
- Medium-sized company: 10%.
- Small company: 20%.
Taking into account the exceptional nature of the three areas of special interest, such as the Henares corridor and the southern metropolitan area, we find ourselves with:
- Medium-sized companies: 25%.
- Small company: 35%.
The deadline to apply for these aids is already open since the beginning of January.
The application for these aids will be made according to an automated form available at the electronic headquarters of the Community of Madrid.
Start of the project: After sending the application form.
The accrual and payment of the eligible expenses must take place from the date of submission of the aid application until September 15, 2023.
As for the deadlines for justification, it is available until September 20, 2023.
The payment and guarantee will be made after the presentation of the supporting documentation, and therefore after the development of the project.
For the presentation of the application by electronic means it is necessary to have one of the recognized or qualified electronic certificates of electronic signature that are operative in the Community of Madrid. The application must be electronically signed by the legal representative of the SME.
And also, the applicant SME or its legal representative must be registered in the Electronic Notification System of the Community of Madrid (NOTE), by means of which the notifications related to this procedure will be made.
The necessary documentation will be the following
- Company presentation, being accepted a simple Power Point that they already have.
- Description of the current state of digitalization of the company’s processes.
- Three bids from different suppliers: provided that the amount of the good or service rendered is equal to or greater than 15,000 euros, excluding taxes.
For the purpose of confirming the SME declaration:
- Certificate from the commercial register containing:
- Date of incorporation.
- Corporate purpose.
- Capital and registered office.
- Board of Directors or Board of Directors.
- Proxies and partners who hold more than 10% of the shares.
- Proof of powers of attorney.
- Form 200 of the last closed fiscal year.
- In the case of newly created companies: the forecast of the balance sheet and profit and loss account for the first year of operation, and the documentation accrediting the number of employees of the company shall be provided.
- Certificate of the SS of the number of employees of the company.