Grants for the Commercial and Artisan Sector of the Community of Madrid in 2023. For their modernization, digitalization and technological innovation, both for SMEs and individual entrepreneurs.
The purpose of these aids is to promote investment projects aimed at the modernization, digitalization and innovation of their establishments and/or workshops. Thus contributing to the improvement of their business processes and, therefore, to the improvement of the competitiveness of both sectors. Business process will be understood as the activity developed to carry out the commercial and/or artisan management.
Grants for the commercial and artisan sector of the Community of Madrid 2023
We are going to indicate the main characteristics and points to take into account of these aids.
Who are the beneficiaries and deadlines
SMEs and individual entrepreneurs engaged in trade or craft activities. Whose origin is any Member State of the European Economic Area. And develop their activity in the territorial scope of the Community of Madrid.
The Communities of Goods that, although lacking legal personality, can carry out the projects or activities that motivate the concession of the subsidy, will also be able to accede to the condition of beneficiary.
What is the deadline for the presentation of applications
The term of presentation will be from September 15, 2023 to October 5, 2023.
For the call of this fiscal year 2023 will be considered eligible those investments that have been executed between September 16, 2022 and September 15, 2023. In any case, the material payment of the eligible actions must be made by September 30, 2023.
Investment expenses incurred within the following lines of action are considered eligible:
- Works for the extension, transformation or new opening of commercial establishments and/or artisan workshops. Including warehouses located in the same premises. And including, due to their undoubted environmental interest in the reduction of emissions, mainly CO2, the implementation of energy saving measures through the use of renewable energies, the introduction of technological safety elements and/or the elimination of architectural barriers.
- Acquisition and installation of equipment, machinery and furniture necessary for the development of the commercial and/or artisan activity. Mechanical cold production devices in isothermal refrigerated vehicles for the safe transport of perishable foodstuffs, excluding the vehicle, will also be eligible. In the case of applicant SMEs registered under heading 659.3 of the IAE, corresponding to the retail trade of medical, orthopedic, optical and photographic devices, the acquisition of equipment that, in accordance with the provisions of art. 14.3 and 14.3. 1 of Decree 14/2003, of February 13, which regulates the requirements for authorizations, operating regime and registration of optical establishments in the Community of Madrid, is mandatory to carry out optometry functions and to adapt contact lenses, as well as the acquisition of a tonometer.
- Acquisition and installation of computer or technological equipment and software. Necessary for the development of commercial and artisan activity, business management and the implementation and/or updating of systems and/or supports aimed at improving electronic commerce and Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in business processes.
- In case of the commercial sector. They must develop their activity in a physical establishment open to the public for retail sales located in the Community of Madrid.
- In the case of the artisan sector, they must have their workshop in the territorial scope of the Community of Madrid.
- That its economic activity is included within the groupings established in the Tax on Economic Activities, hereinafter IAE. Or in the repertoire of activities and craftsmen’s trades, which are detailed in the Annex.
- That they are registered in the IAE in the establishment or artisan workshop where the investment for which the subsidy is requested is going to be carried out, on a date previous to the presentation of the application.
- In the case of natural persons. That they are also registered in the Special Regime of Self-Employed Workers prior to the presentation of the application for aid.
Determination of the amount of aid for the commercial and artisan sector of the Community of Madrid 2023
- Taking into account the different business processes and the intrinsic characteristics of each of the sectors, commercial and artisan, as well as the necessary expenditure to carry out the modernization of their establishments, the minimum eligible investment in the case of the artisan sector will be 500€. Taxes excluded, and in the case of the commercial sector the minimum eligible investment will be 5,000€, taxes excluded.
- The aids will consist of subsidies of 50% of the amount necessary to cover the indicated investments. Duly justified and accepted by the Administration, excluding taxes, with a maximum of €10,000 of aid per applicant.
- In the case of commercial establishments, when the applicant entity is registered under more than one IAE heading and any of them is not included in the list of eligible headings contained in the Annex to this Order, the basis for the subsidy will be taken pro rata for the expenses incurred according to the surface area of the commercial premises or point of sale that is effectively dedicated to the eligible activity. For the correct application of this section, the interested party must present a declaration of responsibility and a freehand plan of the installations with details of the square meters corresponding to each heading of the establishment.
- The amount of the subsidy finally paid will be calculated on the basis of the investments actually made and duly justified. In the event that said investments are lower than those presented in the accepted project, the definitive subsidy will be recalculated. Being 50% of the investment actually executed, excluding taxes, with a maximum limit of 10,000€.