Measures are adopted for flexibility in activities and schedules for the installation of terraces by the Community of Madrid.
Flexibility in activities and schedules for the installation of terraces
These measures are adopted as a result of the Community of Madrid’s entry into Phase 1 of the hostelry industry.
This measure will take effect up to and including the 15th of October 2020.
Objective of the measure
With the publication of the order, it will be considered similar to cafeterias, bars and restaurants. Consequently, the following premises and establishments may be authorised for the installation of terraces:
- Special bars: Drinking bars, with and without live performances.
- Taverns and wine cellars.
- Chocolate shops, ice-cream parlours, tea rooms, croissant shops and the like.
- Hotel bars and restaurants.
- Banquet halls.
- Party rooms.
- Entertainment restaurant.
- Discotheques and dance halls.
- Theatres. As long as they have a bar service in operation license.
- Rooms for theatrical creation and experimentation. As long as they have a bar service with an operating licence.
- Conference halls. Provided that they have a bar and restaurant service with an operating licence.
- Amusement parks, fairs and similar. Provided that they have a bar and restaurant service with an operating licence.
- Water parks. Provided that they have a bar and restaurant service with an operating licence.
- Fair stands. Provided that they have a bar and restaurant service with an operating licence.
Opening and closing hours
Opening hours. The terraces may not be opened before 10:00 a.m.
Closing time. These terraces, which are authorised, will be governed by the same closing hours as bars, cafeterias or restaurants. In the event that the establishments or premises on which these terraces depend have extended opening hours.
In the event that the establishments and premises, on which the terraces depend from the production of effects of this Order, enjoy a shorter timetable than that corresponding to bars, cafeterias and restaurants, the closing time of the authorised terrace will correspond to that assigned to the respective establishment or premises. This is without prejudice to the possibility of extension or reduction by the respective local councils.
Other services. The establishments or premises mentioned in this Order that have an authorised catering activity may offer a sale service, or takeaway service.
Effects. The measures envisaged in this Order shall have effect until the Region of Madrid reaches phase 3 of the “Plan for the transition to a new normality”, without prejudice to any extensions that may be agreed.
Without prejudice to the powers to be exercised by the Local Councils, it is established that the maximum opening and closing hours of the terraces will allow the owners of bars, restaurants and cafés or similar to benefit from a more flexible time schedule that stimulates or encourages the continuity of the company.
In this way, the timetable may be:
- from 08:00 hours to 01:30 hours
- the opening date of the establishment if it is to open after 8 a.m.
- the establishment’s own closing time in the event that the establishment must close before 1:30 a.m.