The aid from the CAM to reduce the occupational accident rates is approved by Order of the Regional Ministry of Economy, Employment and Competitiveness. By the same, the subsidies aimed at the reduction of the labor accident rate by means of the improvement of the safety and health conditions at work are called for 2021 (BOCM of June 14, 2021).
In accordance with the provisions of article 17.3.b) of Law 38/2003, of November 17th, General Subsidies Law, the extract of the call for 2021 for subsidies aimed at the reduction of occupational accidents has been published.
Our experts in Human Resources Management summarizes these aids.
Aid from the CAM to reduce the occupational accident rates
The subsidies of the Community of Madrid are established in the following terms.
- Firstly, Line 1: Acquisition of new machinery to replace old machinery which, although it complies with current legislation, has lower safety levels and features. Except for machines included in lines 4 and 5.
- Line 2: Adaptation of work equipment according to the provisions of Annex I of Royal Decree 1215/1997, of July 18, 1997, on minimum safety and health measures for the use of work equipment by workers.
- There is a Line 3: but without content.
- Line 4: Design and installation of localized extraction systems.
- Line 5: Acquisition of motorized work equipment for the transfer, transport and storage of loads. Or acquisition of motorized work equipment for the performance of work at heights by workers.
- Finally, Line 6: Design, installation and verification of collective protection equipment or fixed lifelines on deck.
Beneficiaries of the subsidies
Individuals or legal entities that:
- have one or more self-employed workers
- are economically active in the Community of Madrid
- carry out the subsidized investments in centers located within the territory of the Community of Madrid.
In the case of individuals who carry out an economic activity in the cases included in Article 1 of Law 20/2007, of July 11, 2007, on the Statute of Self-Employment, they may benefit from these subsidies whether or not they are employed by others.
Amount of the subsidies. Eligible actions
The aids foreseen will be compatible with other aids granted by public and private organizations for the same purpose. Under no circumstances may the amount of the subsidies be such that, alone or in concurrence with other subsidies, aid, income or resources, it exceeds the cost of the subsidized activity.
The aids shall be granted on the basis of percentages according to the following ranges of expenses:
- Expenditure less than or equal to €1,000: applicable only to line 2. 100% of the accredited expenditure will be subsidized.
- Expenditure from 1,001 to 5,000 euros: applicable to all lines. 75% of the credited expenditure will be subsidized.
- Expenditure over 5.000€: applicable to all lines. 40% of the accredited expenditure will be subsidized, with a maximum of €12,000 per line.
The sum of the amounts granted in the total of the lines requested by the same interested party may not exceed the amount of €20,000 per company and calendar year. Period between January 1 and December 31 of the corresponding budget year.
Advance payments are not allowed as a form of payment to the beneficiaries of the subsidy granted.
The eligible actions, including the acquisition and, if applicable, installation, as well as the payment thereof, must be carried out within the eligible period. That is, from January 1 to November 30, 2021.
Deadline for submission
Applications may be submitted from the day following the publication of the extract of this call in the BOCM. June 15, 2021 and will end on September 10, 2021.
The grants will be awarded through a simplified procedure of competitive concurrence. In such a way that the priority of the applications validly submitted and that comply with the established requirements, will be established only according to the date of submission within the deadline indicated in the call for applications. Being able to obtain the subsidy only those that are within the limits of credit available in the call. And the rest will be denied.