Phase 1 for the hotels and tourist establishments is developed through the Order SND/399/2020 of 9 May
Start: from May 11th
With effect from May 11, several territorial units enter Phase 1.
Phase 1 for the hotels and tourist establishments
The relief measures are extended over those established in Phase 0, for the territorial units entering Phase 1.
Free movement is authorized, restricted to the province where you reside. Without prejudice to justified movements to another part of the national territory for health, work, professional reasons, etc.
Meetings of up to a maximum of ten people may be held. A minimum safety distance of two metres must be maintained or alternative measures of physical protection, hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette must be established. This limit will not apply to live-in persons.
The sharing of private vehicles (with limitations), the holding of vigils and burials (with a maximum limit of fifteen people in open spaces and ten people in closed spaces) and the holding of and attendance at places of worship will also be permitted provided that one third of their capacity is not exceeded. In any case, the general measures of hygiene and physical distance established by the health authorities must be complied with.
Retail shops of less than 400 square metres and the provision of similar services, terraces (hotels and restaurants), hotels, educational centres, libraries, museums, etc. may be reopened.
Rules are established on hygiene and prevention common to all activities. Without prejudice to having to comply with those others specific to each activity.
Peculiarities in the opening of hotels and tourist accommodation.
- Hotels and tourist accommodations that have been suspended from opening to the public may be reopened to the public with the following limitations:
- The restaurant and cafeteria services of the hotels and tourist accommodation may only be carried out under the terms established for the reopening of terraces (in the hostelry and the restoration).
- Exclusively for hosted customers, catering services and any other service that is necessary for the proper provision of the accommodation service will be provided. These services shall not be provided in the common areas of the hotel or tourist accommodation, which shall remain closed. The provision of these, will be maintaining the interpersonal security distance.
- Use of swimming pools, spas, gymnasiums, mini clubs, children’s areas, discotheques, event rooms and all those similar spaces that are not essential for the use of the hotel or tourist accommodation will not be permitted.
- The use of the toilets (in public areas) will be for one person, except in the case of persons who may need assistance, in which case the use of the toilets by the person accompanying them will also be permitted. The toilets shall be cleaned and disinfected at least six times a day.
- Those areas not in use shall be clearly identified as being restricted access or totally closed.
- The provisions of this order shall be understood without prejudice to the provisions of Order TMA/277/2020, of 23 March, which declares certain tourist accommodations to be essential services and adopts complementary provisions.
Hygiene and/or prevention measures required of hotels and tourist accommodation.
- There should be information posters in the most common languages of the clients, explaining the restrictive conditions of use of the facilities and the hygiene rules to be observed in relation to the prevention of contagion.
- In the reception or concierge areas, a separation of two meters between workers and customers must be guaranteed. Where the safety distance cannot be maintained, protective equipment appropriate to the level of risk must be used.
- At those customer service points where there are expected to be crowds or occasional queues, the spaces must be marked on the floor. So that the minimum distance of 2m between people is respected.
- The corresponding disinfection of objects will be carried out after their handling by the client or between workers. And hydroalcoholic gels or disinfectants with virucidal activity authorised and registered by the Ministry of Health and surface disinfectant shall be available.
- A documented cleaning procedure shall be available for accommodation units. In accordance with the general prevention and hygiene measures against COVID-19 indicated by the health authorities. Including procedures for replacing and removing waste from accommodation, if these services are offered. And the conditioning of rooms or dwellings after the departure of the client and where it is specified for each element to be cleaned in an accommodation unit. The order in which it should be done, and the material and chemical product to be used, the appropriate protective equipment for the level of risk to be used in each task, and processing of the material and cleaning product after its use.
- Before opening the establishment it will be necessary to carry out a cleaning of the facilities. Including transit areas, service areas, rooms, plots and houses.
- Finally, all objects and surfaces in the transit areas shall be cleaned and disinfected at least every two hours during their corresponding periods of use. Susceptible to being manipulated or contaminated by different people. Such as lift or machine control panels, stairway handrails, door handles, doorbells, taps in shared toilets.
Hygiene and/or prevention measures for customers.
- It must be guaranteed at all times that the client is informed about the restrictive conditions that will be applied in the use of the installations. It will be guaranteed that the client knows, before and during its stay in the lodging the special norms that will govern in the establishment. In written form and in a language the customer can understand.
- The hotel or tourist accommodation must make available to customers hydroalcoholic gel dispensers or disinfectants with virucidal activity authorized and registered by the Ministry of Health. In any case at the entrance of the hotel or tourist accommodation, which must always be in good condition.
Labour Consulting and HR Management