Madrid Labour Calendar for 2021
The Directorate General of Labour declares the following holidays unfit, paid and non-recoverable in 2021. These include national public holidays, such as those of the Community of Madrid.
- 1st January (Friday), New Year’s Day.
- 6th January (Wednesday), Epiphany of the Lord.
- 19th March (Friday), Saint Joseph
- 1st April, Holy Thursday.
- 2nd April, Holy Friday.
- 1st May (Saturday), Labour Day.
- 3rd May (Monday), transfer of the Madrid Regional Government’s celebration.
- 12th October (Tuesday), National Day of Spain.
- 1st November (Monday), All Saints’ Day.
- 6th December (Monday), Spanish Constitution Day.
- 8th December (Wednesday), Immaculate Conception Day.
- 25th December (Saturday), Nativity of the Lord.
In the case of Madrid city, these days will be local holidays:
- 15th May (Friday), San Isidro Labrador (Patron Saint of the city of Madrid)
- 9th November (Monday), Nuestra Sª de La Almudena (Patron Saint of the city of Madrid)
This timetable is summarised as follows.
Local holidays in the main towns of the Community of Madrid:
Regardless of whether the respective Collective and/or Company Agreements determine any other non-working day.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Labour Consulting and HR Managing