How to ask for information about the life insurance of a deceased person has unfortunately become a necessity for not a few people.
Moreover, this is a question that is often asked by some of our clients.
Information about the life insurance of a deceased person
Since a few years ago there is the Registro de Contratos de Seguros de cobertura de fallecimiento (Registry of Insurance Contracts of death coverage) in this way you can know if a family member had life insurance.
- The information can be requested from 15 days from the death and up to a maximum of 5 years.
- The information can be requested by any interested person.
What is there to do?
It can be requested in several ways:
- You necessarily need a digital signature or electronic ID.
- In person or by ordinary mail, in the General Register of Acts of Last Will. You should bring the following documentation with you:
- You will have to fill in and present the model 790
- Provide the Death Certificate (the original or certified copy) issued by the Civil Registry of the locality where he or she has died, and it must include the name of the parents of the deceased.
- Pay the corresponding Fee.
Once the application is submitted, it may take between 7 days to deliver your certificate, even on the spot in some locations.
And what about other financial products?
Well, for these products there is no record.
However, in this case, if the information provided by the deceased is not available, you can ask for it at the Agencia Tributaria (Tax Agency) presenting all the documentation that proves the possibility of requesting such information (death and family status):
- death certificate
- certificate of last wills
- family Book….
This type of information and queries that can be made to the Tax Agency is a great unknown. Therefore, please bear in mind that the documentation requested in each case (local, provincial, territorial …) may vary.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
This entry has been shared with us by our insurance partner:
José Luis Puyo Rodríguez
PUYÓ y ASOCIADOS Correduría de Seguros S.A.
Tel .: 91 715 12 61